The Story: Personal Journal & Discussion Guide
Individual book studies are wonderful, but sometimes we need to step back to see the big picture. The Story: Personal Journal & Discussion Guide provides illuminating insights and encourages practical application as you read through the Bible’s main story from Genesis to Revelation. Designed to accompany The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, you’ll watch God’s plan unfold starting with what was lost in the Garden of Eden and culminating in what is regained in eternity.
Originally written for Crossline Community Church, this guide is now part of Zondervan’s resource library for The Story. You can get it here by clicking the Download Page link at the top of this page.
- You’ll find videos, samples, other resources, and more information about The Story at www.TheStory.com.
- The Story: Personal Journal & Discussion Guide is designed to accompany The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, which you can find here: Amazon ~ Barnes and Noble ~ ChristianBook.com
- Accompanies The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, Bible excerpts presented as a single continuing narrative in thirty-one chapters
- All material reviewed by Dr. Clay Jones, associate professor in the Master of Arts of Christian apologetics program at Biola University
- Five divisions per chapter easily enable twenty-minute average daily devotionals
- Key questions illumine main themes
- Discussion questions aid deeper reflection and understanding
- Practical application questions encourage applying Scripture to life
- Historical background, timelines, and charts enhance grasping the big picture
- Footnotes provide additional explanations and related verses for those who want to dig deeper
- Links to related, in-depth material facilitate further study
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Story’ offers more engagement opportunities by providing a place to share stories, ask questions, and post comments
- Available in English and Korean
Nearly two hundred women at Crossline Community Church went through these lessons and discovered God’s over-arching plan throughout human history. Many said this was the first time they understood how all the books of the Bible relate to each other, and they now feel they can open the Bible anywhere and know where they are in context. Most participated in group discussions, while others used the guide for personal devotions.
I have only awe at what God has empowered you to do for us in writing these lessons. My prayer is that many people—not just women—will go online and be blessed and taught by your writing as we have been. Thank you for saying “yes” to writing these lessons, thank you for persevering through all these months and hours of work week in and week out. Only in eternity will you see the full value of the love and effort you poured into this project and our women.
~ Lori Marshall, Director of Women’s Ministry, Crossline Community Church
These are marvelous, beautifully-formatted, and I even like the sections and section titles. Very well-conceived and well-executed…. It’s a phenomenal, high-engagement tool!
~ Shelley Leith, National Church Coach and Story Specialist, Zondervan
I provide The Story: Personal Journal & Discussion Guide for free as a ministry to help others love God’s Word, understand it more clearly, and apply it more deeply. If you find it helpful and would like to make a donation, you may send it to Jean E. Jones, PO Box 2852, Mission Viejo, CA 92690.