Here are links to some of the articles I’ve published elsewhere, as well as a list of reader favorites.
Articles at Today’s Christian Woman
Childlessness is becoming more prevalent in the church, but churches with a family focus don’t always know how to support childless women. The first article here is about dealing with loss in a way that grows faith. The second explains the reasons for the rising number of childless women in churches and suggests ways the church can minister effectively to them.
- The Journey of Childlessness: The pain of multiple miscarriages changed my perspective about God and faith
- Don’t Judge Me: I’m Childless: Is there a place at church for those of us who don’t have kids?
Articles at Crosswalk.com
I’m a contributing writer at Crosswalk.com, which publishes a wide variety of articles on Christian topics and current events. Here are some of my articles.
- 10 Scriptures about Heaven that Answer Your Deepest Questions
- 10 Things You Want to Know About Heaven But are Embarrassed to Ask
- 6 Things Every Christian Should Know About the Minor Prophets
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Psalm 137:9
- How to Chase Away Temptation, Doubt and Fear
- 3 Bible Verses that Make Sense as You Get Older
The Story Guide
The Story traces the story of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. It presents text from the NIV Bible in mostly chronological order with explanatory segues between stories. I wrote a study guide for my church to use with The Story, which you can download here: The Story Personal Journal and Discussion Guide.
It’s always interesting to see what posts interest readers the most. Here are the ten most read blog posts on this site as of August 2017.
- Telescoped Genealogies: Was Rahab the Mother of Boaz?
- Was Martha’s sister Mary a prostitute?
- Did Joshua Cause Leap Years?
- Who are ‘the Righteous’ in Psalms and Proverbs?
- Seven Tips & Tricks to Memorize Psalms
- Joseph: Triumph Over Betrayal
- Was Abraham Wrong? Answering Rachel Held Evans, Part 1
- Abraham, Isaac & Child Sacrifice
- Encouraging More Talk in Quiet Discussion Groups
- Abraham & Human Sacrifice? Answering Rachel Held Evans, Part 2